Greetiings readers and listeners. Thanks for stopping by. I hope the weekend was great. This evening I bring you the first installment of special Sunday Soundtrack podcasts featuring my favorite picks for the GRAMMY nominees in the category of jazz. There are a few specific musicians from last years list (if memory serves) that have been nominated again this year. I personally think there are some choice tracks in all 5 categories. While this is a shorter podcast than usual, my aim is to deliver unto you a few featured podcasts before the big night. I happened to announce my pick for Best Contemporary Jazz Album, but you’ll have to wait until you listen to the end of the podcast. Some favorites out of this small offering are Sammy Nestico and The SWR Big Band and Roberta Gambarini.
Stay tuned for some future blog posts featuring some great footage of the nominees speaking about their respective projects, allowing us, the fans, to get some great insight on the releases. That being said, I bring to you the playlist, a little something to whet your palette until next time.
Sunday Soundtrack 52nd Annual Grammy Awards – Jazz Podcast #1
1. Topanga Moon Dance – Phillip Saisse/At Worlds Edge (Best Contemporary Jazz Album)
2. Crazy – Roberta Gambarini/So In Love (Best Jazz Vocal Album)
3. Wild Man – The Clayton Brothers/Brother To Brother (Best Instrumental Jazz Album)
4. Bird Blue – Mike Stern/Big Neighborhood (Best Comtemporary Jazz Album)
5. Blue Samuel – Sammy Nestico and The SWR Big Band (Best Large Jazz Ensemble)
6. Tanktified – Stefon Harris and Blackout/Urbanus (Best Contemporary Jazz Album)
All the releases above can be found in the familiar places: iTunes, Amazon, etc.
Until next time (sleep is catching up to me)….take care…
Keep it chilled (and jazzy)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download