Photo Credit: instagram.com/imthejam
Greetings listeners, welcome to another edition of The Sunday Soundtrack. It’s always good to be back. I’m sitting in Starbucks as I type this post in preparation for what you are probably listening to as you read this. The image is perfect for the feel of the day outdoors. I was having a text chat with my publicist about rainy overcast days versus sunny ones and how they some stir up the creativity in me. I enjoy them and think the have a place along with sunny days. Whether it be rainy, sunny, or in between, I hope you’re enjoying it.
Today’s podcast playlist brings a number of new tracks, mixed in with some favorites. In particular, there are two tracks from some fellow friends that are also chillout/downtempo/artists as well as gifted musicians and bandleaders. I’ll elaborate on a bit more on the tracks “Radio Format” and “The Dreams We Dream” in the podcast. For the first time (if memory serves me correctly), an urban contemporary track finds its way into the playlist. The very popular track, The Worst, by Jhene Aiko. This is the instrumental version, which I’ll be talking more about in the podcast with regards to why I chose it.
1. Wanderer’s Creek- Between Yesterday and Tomorrow/Art Bleek
2. Not Just Anybody f/Kate Rogers (AtJazz Flugelhorn Mix) – Nocturnal/Rae and Christian
3. Radio Format – Radio Format (The Downtempo Sessions/The Sevens
4. Hidden Shore – Hidden Shore/Blackfish
5. This Journey In – The Rebirth/The Rebirth
6. The Worst (Instrumental) – Sail Out/Jhene Aiko
7. The Dreams That We Dream – Various Shades of Blue/e:trinity
8. Elephant (Dub Mix) – In Your Dreams/Spiral System
9. New Dawn – Halcyon Sky/Mr. Fresh
10. Our Secret Garden (Bonus Track) – Cool Off Chillout Vol. 2/Sine
There you have it! A big thanks to my podcasting massive: Jason Smith, Nikki Norwoood, DJ Diva (The Mixtress), Calandra Branch, DK Wyatt, Anji Bee, Todd Kelley, Angel, NT Grundy, EJ , “The Sensei” Flavors, and everyone else doin’ it big. I hope you enjoyed the tracks. Special shoutout to my publicist, Felicia Hodges of Tigerlily Communications.
Halcyon Sky can be found here.
Ok, I’ve got a brunch date I’m a wee bit late too. Catch u soon.
::: oceans of rhythm :::
Podcast: Play in new window | Download