Hello, and welcome to my fitness page. Here you’ll find my posts on the page title.
Running: What got me interested in running, was something uncommon. I always knew running was good for cardiovascular fitness, but so is walking, cycling, and swimming. I actually never did like running, but what got me interested was the ability to chart performance statistics. Being a long time Apple fanboy, and a fan of Nike (to an extent), when I discovered the Nike+ system back when it was mainly used with the iPod, I was SOLD.
It was then that I embraced the combination of wearable tech and documenting physical fitness performance metrics.
I still consider myself a beginner runner, and have yet to run my first 5k, let alone two miles continuously, but I’m determined to get there.
Here are my personal stats:
[list_runs runners="1" num_runs=-1 show date=0 show duration=0 show pace=0]
I’ve enjoyed working out since college. I’ve learned to get back to resistance training without weights and because of that “muscle memory” my brain has developed over the many years…the results come back quick, even after (TOO MANY) layoffs. 🙂 Fortunaely, I belong to a great local gym that has kept the fitness fire burning.
I’ve taken up cycling again as a preference over running (any running I do now is on a gym treadmill). My app preference for tracking cycling stats is Strava. My wearable preference for a fitness tracking tool is The Apple Watch. One Facebook forum I participate in regularly is the Apple Watch Fitness Fans Group. Lastly, my fitness social media feed is on Instragram, feel free to follow me, I’m there as KinetiFit.
- Calories to NikeFuel Points – An Experiment
- Why the Nike FuelBand SE in 2017 – “Band on the run”
- Fitness with The Apple Watch – 7 weeks later – It’s a “ring thing”
- Fitness Goals – Powered by The Apple Watch
- Life happens while your making plans (fitness/exercise/training/goals)
- Fitness Tech Phenomenon 2012 – Nike+ and the rest: My Experiences
- Evening run + workout (11 Jan 11): Nike+
- Evening run + workout (09 Jan 10): Nike+
- Morning run (09 Jan 10): Nike+
- Getting back on the horse (fitness=run+workout)
- Health and Wellness Week: July 25 – 29: 8 Surprising Benefits of Drinking Water
- Health and Wellness Week: July 25 – 29 – Motivation to be well.
- Morning run (08 Jul 11): Nike+
- 12th Run – Nike+
- 11th run – Nike+
- 10th Run – Nike+
- 9th Run – Nike+
- 8th Run – Nike+
- 7th Run – Nike+
- 6th Run – Nike+
- 5th Run – Nike+
- 4th Run – revisited (Nike+)
- 4th Run – Nike+
- 3rd Run – Nike+
- 2nd Run – Nike+
- 1st Run – Nike+ iPod (Nike Plus)