Photo Credit: Delaney_55
I hope this podcast finds u well. I like the graphic chosen for this week’s podcast. It describes how the past few days have been, lots of rain, overcast skies, and a blustery day or two. Frankly, I enjoyed, and still am enjoying every bit of it. It definitely causes me to appreciate the sunny days as well. Days like the ones of recent do provide for some good inspiration, some introspection, etc…so I have an appreciation for them as well.
Glad to inform you that I finally came across some new tracks for the podcast, ones that reflect this weekend as well. Kicking off the podcast is none other than British soul giants, 4Hero. I love their arrangements, big drums, lush big strings, and soulful lyrics. It’s a pleasure, as a musician and listener, to hear musical compositions in this genre that has been missed stateside. Carina Andersson brings that vocal magic to every thing she touches.
I discovered Capsula, Pineapple Corner, J. Boogie’s Dubtronic Science, and Afterlife’s (Smooch) tracks on Groove Salad this week. I think my favorite track on this podcast is Alive (Instrumental). Of course, one can never go wrong with Blackfish or the chill out artist of the century, Afterlife.
That being said, without further adieu, I bring u the play list:
1. Morning Child f/Carina Andersson – 4hero
2. Easy Fly – Pineapple Corner/Pineapple Corner
3. California Sunrise – Blank & Jones/Relax Edition 3 (Sun) – EP
4. Circular Motion – Nuspirit Helsinki
5. Alive (Instrumental) – J-Boogie’s Dubtronic Science/Mushroom Jazz 6
6. Bay of Islands – Blackfish/Pole Navigation
7. Illusion Hill – Capsula/Sense of a Drop
8. Clear Blue Sky – Afterlife/The St. Regis Chill & Groove
9. Smooch – Afterlife/Speck of Gold
10. Gutenmorgenduft – dZihan & Kamien & The Brut Imperial Quintet/Fakes
Thanks to my new listeners, Celeste, Belinda, and Audrey. Big up to Philip Clark for the podcast drop!
I’m gonna relax tomorrow….knowing me, probably in the studio most of the day, catching up on creating!
peace and blessings…
[Edit: Please forgive me for omitting my standard intro voiceover. How I forgot to include it, is beyond me…duh!]